Monday, July 9, 2007

Alli - Day 1

Since coming back to the states I have gained a whopping 10 pounds. Granted, I have been going to the gym, everyone around me tells me they can't tell (my mother says my face is rounder and you can see it around my butt), and navy lectures me telling me I should know muscle weighs more than fat, but non the less it's starting to get to me.

My theories on the recent weight gain:
- I started birth control again, because my body needed to be put back on a normal cycle after that horrible depo shock (never ever ever ever get a depo shot, they make you go crazy!)
- The hormones in the food here are different (I BARELY eat compared to out of country, what the hell)
- MAYBE, it's muscle... maybe...

Anyhoo, I'd still like to be toned and that requires a loss in mass.

SO! Recent news told me orlistat was on the market. A drug that I have learned about, and know first hand is prescribed to fat people (no offense) in hospitals. YAY!

Technically you're not supposed to take the drug if you're not overweight... which... I'm not, BUT I feel that they're just saying that so people who are anorexic won't take it.

Therefore, yesterday was my first day (even though I made this day one)

I bought the starter kit for a whopping 60 bucks (90 pills - 60 mg) which came along with a ton of things like:
1. Keys to successful weight loss (everything we already know)
2. Welcome guide (everything we get, and online support)
3. Portable quick fact pocket guide (nothing special)
4. Companion Guide (goals, dosage, use, side effect)
5. Healthy eating guide
6. Calorie and fat counter
7. Daily journal

Anyway - it's stuff I already know, but then again, I do want to tone up and lose this 10 pound excess that has started to cling to me if not more. Side effects are gross and include oilish discharge and uncontrollable bowel, but that's only for people who chow down on really greasy meals with loads of fat. HELLO CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!

Anyhoo, I'm not going to turn my blog into a weight-loss blog, but I'll tune in every now and again if:
- I see no difference in weight while exercising and etc.
- I have any side effects to note
- If I think it's working.

Goal: get back down to my weight in sophmore year of college.

Ready, set, GO!

For more info on alli, you can go to their website or read this little doosy: clicky

7 comments:

Freddie said...

Good luck.

You just reminded me... I'm supposed to be working my abs - I promised myself three weeks ago I was finally gonna get rid of my "baby pouch" (my baby is now 5).

Caro said...

what what what?
pills?
really?

tell me more.

THE EVIL SLUT CLIQUE said...

Um... eek. Just wanted to draw your attention to our blog about Alli: Alli is not your friend

Mico said...

Yeah, caro read their blog. It has all the nitty gritty. I won't even let my mother try alli until I finished my 90 pills. It might not even be worth it for people who aren't overweight.

Caro said...

but 10 lbs doesn't mean youre overweight. is it worth it?

Mico said...

I dunno, I just really bitter that I came back, jumped straight into the gym... and gained 10 pounds. No really. BITTER.

I went to kickboxing today, and have the same schedule I've been doing. I'm still eating the same - I just want to see if this will have any real effect. I know the mechanisms of it's action - I just want to see if it works.

It's more of an experiment really.
- I already eat pretty healthy, yet am not dieting (nor do i plan to change that)
- I already exercise and am doing classes (vs. the running I use to do to lose weight)
AND I GAIN 10 POUNDS... UGH!

lets just see what happens...

Yumiko said...

i spent two summers living in the states, and my first summer there i gained ~15 pounds over four months, the second summer ~10lb... arghhhh!!!