Thursday, June 19, 2008

Monsoon!

I decided to go running. I sucked it up, made a play-list, mapped out a measly 1 mile route (what? I need to start slow) and stuck a hill (aka: the stair master on crack) right at the 200-300 meter mark and went on my merry little way.

I did well for the first half of the run, but right when my initial energy was fading and the end was too far away to be an ideal goal to push for - something happened. Something that felt like 80 mile per hour winds and the sky opening up and dumping water on me (ok maybe it wasn't that bad, but it felt like it).

So there I am in my skimpy shorts and tank up, gasping for air while taking baby steps, and a bucket of cold water is dumped on me from heaven itself with a mixture of scary wind and an immediate sun to no sun turnaround of about... mmm... 30 seconds? GAH.

Around this point I hit the hill... fucking hill.

So I try to make it up this DAMN hill, and I can't, people are running around around me trying to get shelter and I'm so miserably tired/oxygen deprived from pushing myself the previous half mile (woe is me!) that I can barely walk let alone climb this thing.

I hate my life.

I make it up the hill, run (think baby steps again while gasping for air) back to my tiny apt, quickly make my way inside, catch my breath (yes I almost puked thank you), look at the window and what do i see?

The sun.

The fucking sun.

Thank you freak storm for making my life miserable for that 10 minutes.

ugh.

1 comment:

The Sarcasticynic said...

Wow! It took me YEARS to hate my life.